March 2017– My Plate
Did you know that The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) provides an online comprehensive Food Guide for healthier eating? This Free Service includes a guide to healthy eating choices, online tools, recipes, menus, SuperTracker and more. Click on the image to learn more about Choose My Plate.
March 2017 – Toe Sox Announcement
Rumba Barre is now an Official Toe Sox and Tavi Noir Dealer. Merchandise will be available for sale at Rumba Barre (in class) starting Monday, March 13th. These gripped socks can be used for Barre, Yoga, Pilates. (Online ordering not available).
Benefits of Gripped Socks:
- Safety: Grippy socks help to stabilize your body during challenging movements where instability (or sweat) may cause you to slip.
- Hygiene: As many of our members know well, where your feet go, your head and hands may soon follow. Grippy socks or studio shoes ensure the cleanest surfaces on our reformers and floors. Wear your grippy socks to class – slip out of your shoes (even flip flops) and head into class without your bare feet ever touching the studio floor.
- Performance: Grippy socks support you while you lie, relive and stretch, allowing your muscles to activate and spread your toes naturally, creating a strong foundation for your practice. (Source Credit: C2 Fortress Pilates)
December 2016 – Tea Detox Facts
There is no hard evidence backing the claims made by tea companies that their detox teas actually purify human cells. However, high quality teas can help support the body’s natural daily process of detoxification.
November 2016 – HIIT Workout
Not losing weight? Not sleeping well? Perhaps, you haven’t tried HIIT. HIIT stands for High Intensity Interval Training. HIIT can be done anywhere, anytime and without equipment. Give it a try and see the difference.
September 2016– Benefits of Lunging
Have you wondered why lunges are so popular in Barre class? Lunging is a functional, multi-joint exercise that can help you achieve your goals. Lunging tones and firms muscles that are sedentary such as the Hip Flexors. This exercise is great for all fitness levels. So why is it so good for you?
- Strengthens Legs & Glutes -Tone and Firm up muscles
- Improves Core Strength – Improves posture, balance and stability
- Improves Hip Flexibility – Force Hips to stretch
August 2016 – What is a Gliding Disc?
Gliding Discs can tone, lengthen & strengthen your quads, hamstrings, calves, glutes and core. In Rumba Barre, the Gliding Discs are used as a tool to strengthen and lengthen multiple muscles and engage core stabilization.
July 2016 – More reasons to try Barre
Barre exercises are often gentle on the joints and can be an excellent choice if you have arthritis or joint problems. You’ll also build stronger muscles, which gives more support to your joints and lessens pain.
June 2016 – What is a mini Stability Ball?
The Small Mini Stability Ball™ will have a big impact on your workout and posture! Use this wonder prop to up muscle activation in sitting, standing or lying exercises that target arms, tummy, buns, and thighs. By bringing instability to your movements, you’ll switch on your deep stabilizing muscles, firing up the core while demonstrating the gaps in your form. (Source: Merrithew)
May 2016 – Correct Posture at the Barre
Take a look at this featured image to guide you towards correct posture and form at the Barre.
April 2016 – What are the Benefits of Barre Fitness?
March 2016 – Muscles Working during Barre
Did you know that Barre sculpts your Glutes, Hamstrings, Quads, Calves and Core? Find out why Dr. Sara Grades believes that Barre is so good for your muscles “Barre Fitness Makes the Grade.”
February 2016 – Where can I get my own Yoga/Barre Mat?
There are many options when it comes to Yoga/Barre Mats. Prices can range from $20-$100+.
Here are a few options:
Sticky Mats are the most common Yoga/Barre mats and have a sticky grip that keeps it in place. These mats can be easily rolled up and transported.
Purchase on Amazon: Gaiam Yoga Mat
Eco-Friendly Mats are sticky mats that are less harmful to the environment. These mats are made from natural Tree Rubber or a recycled rubber. They are also more expensive.
Purchase on Amazon: Kulae ECOmat Yoga Mat
3.All Natural Mat
All Natural Mats are made from materials such as cotton, hemp, grass, or wool (felt). These mats are also more expensive.
Purchase on Amazon: Yogasana Handmade Yoga Mat
January 2016 – Why does everyone use Grippy Socks in Yoga/Pilates/Barre?
1. Safety: Grippy socks help to stabilize your body during challenging movements where instability (or sweat) may cause you to slip.
2. Hygiene: As many of our members know well, where your feet go, your head and hands may soon follow. Grippy socks or studio shoes ensure the cleanest surfaces on our reformers and floors. Wear your grippy socks to class – slip out of your shoes (even flip flops) and head into class without your bare feet ever touching the studio floor.
3. Performance: Grippy socks support you while you lie, relive and stretch, allowing your muscles to activate and spread your toes naturally, creating a strong foundation for your practice.
(Source Credit: C2 Fortress Pilates)
Where can I buy Grip Socks?
Rumba Barre is an Official ToeSox Dealer and will have gripped socks available for purchase in class.